What are the Most Popular Baby Name Endings? N? A? Y?

Endings are especially important in names because of the psychological concept of recency bias: What you hear last is what you remember best. That’s why parents pay attention to endings when choosing baby names, and why there are definite trends in what endings are in and out of style. What are the most popular baby name endings?

Everly, Emery, and Ivy were among the trendiest girl names of 2018, all ending in y. It turns out, however, that the traditional -a ending is still the most popular baby name ending for girls, making up for a whopping 39% of all girls. Next come -e and -y names, and all of these together with -n account for about 80% of all names. The other 22 letters have to share the remaining 20%. Metronidazole http://advicarehealth.com/metronidazole.html


The most popular baby name endings looks a bit different for boys. Over 30% of 2018 boys have a name that ends in -n, but apart from this single letter no others stand out. The letters r, s, i, and e are a bit more popular than the rest, but overall there is a bit more diversity in the endings for boys’ names. Suhagra http://valleyofthesunpharmacy.com/suhagra/



We are looking more into the latest naming trends and we will come back soon for more updates. In the meantime, try the Nameclouds Free Demo or subscribe for yourself, or for a relative or friend!